Friday, June 24, 2011

More Summer Eats


 Yum! Eating summertime food makes me yearn for the beach! Greg and I have been scouring the web on sites like kayak.com and livingsocial.com for good vacation deals this summer. We haven't gone on a proper vacation (just the two of us) since our honeymoon. We are determined to actually get away for a few days this summer.  As of now, we're still searching. Wish us luck!



Huge Shrimp!





The spices I used:

  • Salt
  • Cayenne Pepper
  • White Pepper
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • Dried Thyme 
  • Dried Basil
  • Chili Powder
  • Paprika
 I also saw recipes using onion and garlic powder, but I didn't use either. Since I only had 10 shrimp, I only used a few shakes of each spice. I tossed the spices and shrimp into a Ziploc bag. I added another shake of cayenne pepper, to add more heat, and that's about it. You can use any amount of these spices that you want to create your own blend.


Although this multicolored corn tasted great,  I can't wait to go to the farmer's market to get local sweet white corn.



The watermelon was so refreshing with this salty and spicy dish.





Thanks for reading my continued thoughts about summer food.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I've told you my thoughts, now I'd love to hear yours!