Sunday, November 20, 2011

What I've Been Up To

Here's what I've been up to this fall so far.


 Cutting mums from my garden to brighten up the house.



Celebrating our 2nd anniversary with homemade dinner and hydrangeas, the flowers we had at our wedding. 





 Going on a DC date with the hubs to see a great friend.







Putting together fall-inspired arrangements using scrapbook paper in some frames, putting oats (actually oatmeal if we're keeping it real here) in a little jar, and lighting pumpkin spice candles. 










 
 

Setting up fall place-settings with overpriced (but kinda worth it) napkin rings from Pottery Barn. Spray-painting pumpkins white and blue to match my color-scheme and displaying them on a cake plate.

 
 


Hiking with the family on a Friday off.  (Poor Rylee)






Eating a ton of hot crunchy bread, making butternut squash soup, and baking soft and chewy oatmeal raisin cookies. 











Celebrating Halloween.



And lastly, making up my own recipe (which I'll post sometime in the near-future).




What a fun and yummy fall! I can't wait to make a few pre-Thanksgiving meals this week, one of which I have never tried and will be sure to show you (either with failure or success). For Turkey-day Greg's parents invited my entire family to their house for a huge dinner. I'm so excited to see everyone together (except mom, who has to work, boo!) We'll be sure to make her a plate with lots of goodies. I am most excited for Greg's mom's pumpkin chiffon pie and for cranberry sauce. I love the kind that comes out in the shape of a can! Is that weird?

Thanks for reading my thoughts about food and fun this fall!

2 comments:

  1. You're adorable. I can't wait to see you and your cute house and little family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I can't wait to see you too! Miss you, baby sister!

    ReplyDelete

I've told you my thoughts, now I'd love to hear yours!